Thursday, January 16, 2014

How to teach segregation and injustice to preschoolers

Making vocabulary stick and mean something is something I always try very hard to do each week. I started our morning by passing our colored dots.
This is similar to the colored eye classroom experiment. I had a few different scenarios and discussed if each activity was just, or unjust. They quickly understood the meaning behind that word. I also segregated them by color of dot for other daily classroom activities. None of my kids were upset, and I reminded them that this was just pretend and an experiment to find out how people a long time ago felt.
Book of the day
This was a great book with incredibly illustrations that my children seemed to be captivated by.
Martin Luther King, Jr. My First Biography 

No comments:

Post a Comment